Monday, February 23, 2009

Best Buy Bailout?

There I was at Best Buy on Saturday night just trying to buy a computer. I was using my debit card, and I always have it run as credit so I can get the Visa Extras points. Everything was going as normal till the nice little machine asked me for my PIN and I hit cancel to make it go into credit mode.

The nice little machine then, ever so non-chalantly asks me:

Are you sure you want to put
$10,564,294,728,913,230,954.43
on your credit card?
Um...

I looked at the guy ringing it up, looked at the computer I was buying, and said, "I know it's nice, but it's not THAT nice."

I told him not to do anything and get a manager so the manager could see it, but instead he just hit cancel and reset the terminal. !!!!!!!

If only I had thought fast enough and pulled out my phone to take a picture! So anyway I pulled a manager over and told him what happened. He said, "Yeah that happens once in a while. Supposedly Corporate is working on it." They totally acted like it was no big deal.

1 comment:

Barb said...

It wouldn't have been a problem for me, cause it would have never been approved.