Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lookin' fer Jesus....

Seems like a lot of people are lookin' fer Jesus in lots of weird places these days. I know the Catholics have been finding The Virgin Mary all over the place for years, but now Jesus is making appearances in some...unconventional places. Some examples? All of these were taken from recent news articles or eBay postings:
  • A kitten's fur
  • A piece of toast
  • A marble slab
  • A shadow on a wall
  • A ceramic tile
  • The vinyl on kitchen chairs
  • The wood grain on a door ("Adjacent to it is an image of an opposing force"!!)
  • The wood grain on a 2x4
  • A barn door
  • A church roof tile ("I recently took a Holiday to Slovenia whilst suffering with a Mystery Illness which i had been suffering with since December 24th 2007, ... We stayed in Bled for 1 week in May 2008, During our visit we took a boat trip out to the Island to visit the beautiful Baroque church, I visited the gift shop and decided to Buy 2 of the roof tiles which were being sold Due to the refurbishment of the roof. The tiles had been in place on the church since 1890 until 2007. When i returned to the uk and unwrapped the tiles i was Absolutelly Stunned to see the image of JESUS CHRIST on one of the tiles. Please check the pictures Attached. My Illness also mysteriously cured itself whilst on holiday in Bled and i Trully believe That the church on the island of Bled is a trully sacred place.")
  • A rock
  • A knife blade
  • An earring
  • A tree
  • The Shroud of Orlando ("I live in Orlando. An image like the Shroud of Turin has appeared on an improvised curtain in my kitchen. I believe it is an image of the Messiah.")
  • A cheeto
  • A hospital window reflection
  • The colors on an Easter Egg
What's up with all these people saying they see Jesus' image in these odd objects? Why is it always Jesus and not some other bearded person? Could it be that they are looking for something to believe in? For something to validate their faith? I look at these "images", and most of them look like blobs to me. Maybe I'm just not creative/imaginative enough.

I have a picture that was take during a tornado in Manitou Springs, Colorado back in the late 1970's. I don't know who took it. In the picture there appears to be an image that would be descibed as Jesus wearing robes.

But do you see me calling the media? No. Have I had a priest come inspect the picture to proclaim it a miracle? No. Posted on Ebay? Wanna buy it? Sorry, it's not for sale.

Had an Air Force photo lab inspect it and check for double exposure or other photo tricks? Yup. It's clean.

So why don't I try to get some attention or money from it? Cause there's only one time you'll find the real Jesus coming in the clouds, and that's at the end of the world...


Matthew 24:27-31: 27 "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. 29"Immediately after the distress of those days "'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

So then, how do you find Jesus? Start with the Bible. Seek Him from His word.

Jeremiah 29: 11-13: 11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

No comments: