Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The erosion of America

*** WARNING *** The blog post mentioned below contains some foul language in it, and several of the replies do as well. The quote I'm using has a word in it, and I appologize in advance for it, but I think the point being made is a very important one.



I stumbled upon this blog. The title of this post caught my eye so I checked it out. I must say that despite the bad language used, this is a very interesting discussion.

Here's an excerpt from the main post.

So, the incident was that a cabin attendant was getting something from her
pocket and took out a crucifix at the same time (I believe there are some
regulations that prevent them from wearing either any form of jewellery of
religious based jewellery) which she discreetly put back into her pocket
after she located the item. However, the "passenger in question" instantly took offence to her "wielding 'that' religious icon while dealing with him." The whole heated discussion included snipes about how piq was always having to deal with God
being thrust into his face when he believed in something different. How his
life in the US in constantly disrupted by it. etc etc

This incident is an example of part of what's wrong with America these days. I'm going to expand this point to include not only religion, but other cultures as well.


It really is no wonder that other countries are beginning to not like Americans and are ridiculing us. Liberal Americans are all up-in-arms about political correctness and how things offend them. If you don't think like they do and do what they want you to do, they're going to take you to court to try to force you to be like them. So much for the 'land of the free'. Liberals are making this more the 'land of the asinine'. We've become the laughing stock of the world.

People sueing others because they get offended about something, like saying "Merry Christmas".

Little incidents like the one described above.

I really like what macphoto said in a reply: "What would happen if an American went to a Muslim nation and started bitching about Allah and all things Muslim being "thrown in their face?" Think the natives of that country would get a little defensive? And, they should. Its like being welcomed into somebody's home then complaining and being offended by the way they live."

Know what would probably happen if you went to Iran and compained about some Muslim thing? You'd probably either be put in jail or killed. Why is it that other countries are allowed to express their religious traditions, but here in America we're so concerned that someone might be offended, that everything must be supressed?

Suppose I moved to Saudi Arabia, and while there I said, "Gee, I don't like all this muslim stuff being thrust in my face. I think I'll complain!" Well, seeing as how Saudi Arabia is a muslim country build on muslim traditions and principles, and the majority of the people there are supposedly muslim... and since Islam is a radical religion and if you insult it in any way, you'll cause protests around the world, I'd be treading on thin ice. Again, I'd either be thrown in jail or killed.

Not so in America! Muslims come here from Saudi Arabia or where ever and say, "Gee, I don't like all this Christian stuff being thrust in my face! I think I'll complain! Better yet, I'll sue!" And America rolls over and says, "Sorry, didn't mean to offend! Despite the fact that this country was built on Christian traditions and principles, and the majority of people here are supposedly Christians...... and since Christianity teaches love and if you insult it in any way, you'll see Christians turning the other cheek, we'll surrender to your demands and supress our culture so you can have your culture here instead."

And it's not just in religious matters either. Now, this part is probably going to get people pointing at me, screaming, "RACIST!!" Which couldn't be further from the truth. I'm simply stating what I've observed from first-hand experience.

Now, since we've been invaded by Mexico, and undocumented (dare I say ILLEGAL) immigrants must be catered to, we have to change all our signs and packaging and welfare forms to be bilingual. So much for this being an English speaking country! You can't go to a fast food restaurant anymore without having to order in Spanish or point to the freaking picture of what you'd like to eat. Furthermore, they are trying to turn our neighborhoods into Mexican ghettos, just like where they came from. MORE THAN 50% of the kids in my son's 1st grade class were non-English speaking, undocumented immigrants! They had to have a bilingual teacher in that class to cater to the illegal kids! My own neighbors can't speak English. They have multiple families living in single-family homes. They don't take care of their yard or house. They don't take their Christmas lights down till the middle of FREAKING APRIL!!! (Ok, that could be some redneck influence, but you get the point). All the while leeching my tax dollars by getting food stamps and whatever other welfare assistance they are getting, despite the fact that they shouldn't even be in this country or be eligible for U.S. GOVERNMENT assistance.

I have a feeling I'll be writing more about this issue.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for quoting back to my post. Indeed, I am not too shy to be verbally offensive at times. However, I find it just as foul that people fight for the right to own weapons designed to kill. Sadly the world is not a perfect place.

/Tigster.